uOttawa Anime Club

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 17, 2017, 09:46:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Discord Chat

Discord Chat Group:

Click Here: uOttawa Discord Group

Live Chat!

Feel free to use the live chat below. However the majority of members are now using the discord chat group above.

Please create a Chatango account to use the live chat
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Poster could use a little work?  (Read 86 times)

Biodeamon

• Imouto
    • View Profile
Poster could use a little work?
« on: October 05, 2017, 07:07:42 PM »

So I noticed the posters set up for this year advertising the club and I can't help but feel worried about having it be in japanese, as I know that what scares off alot of new members is the fear that the club may be too weeaboo... Is there anyway we could make it seem less intimidating?

WZ1

• Code Monkey
  • Gakusei
    • View Profile
Re: Poster could use a little work?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »

I ain't even seen the posters lying around. Could someone post a picture of them so i can appreciate the full glory of cringy weebclub posters? Sounds pretty legendary impressive if it's got moonrunes on it.

gaiamayhem

• VP Communications
  • Gakusei
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 11:52:23 AM »

Hi there!

All images used on our poster are copyright free and can be used commercially and with modifications. Finding good quality images that fight those criteria are difficult to locate. The posters did, however, do their job and grasped your attention. We are the anime club and it is good to show different art styles as just like our shows, various studios make them. We are a safe space for people of all enthusiastic natures to enjoy anime. Our current posters simply apply to get the attention of the more excitable nature but fans that are more reserved are also attracted to read what is on it.

As for the amount of Japanese, we do include translations of the show titles. Some shows are better known for their Japanese titles, as last year we watched 3-Gatsu No Lion. We tend not to watch in dub so by using Japanese titles it alludes to the fact we watch sub. We hope you understand our choices.

WZ1

• Code Monkey
  • Gakusei
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:24:07 PM »

The news was broken to me. I seen the thing. There are no moonrunes. 6/10 average weebclub poster. Nothing worth writing home about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up